Monday, October 17, 2016

Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization

It turns out a having a Web site be mobile friendly is not quite as critical as I thought.

At some point Google made certain changes to their page rank algorithm.  These changes really impacted my business.  The changes really hurt the ranking of web pages which Google felt had too many similar links or too many similar rich text inbound links.

At one point it was good to have keywords (text) linking to your Web site.  I made lots of them.  Now it seems I made to many, possibly too many from the same domain.

I've been updating some of my old Web pages to modify and in some cases remove links which may be hurting my Web site traffic.

Meanwhile I continue to receive promotional material from google trying to get me to join their AdWords advertising program.  I won't do it.  They control search results and they also benefit when the results are shaken up because more businesses need to advertise as a result of their shake ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment